Our team of experienced retail solicitors are ably assisted by Glovers’ dispute resolution department who are on hand to provide expert guidance and practical assistance to our retail clients in connection with all manner of contentious issues that may occur during the course of their business.
Our litigation solicitors have years of experience dealing with a wide range of disputes that frequently arise in the retail and leisure industry, including commercial disputes with suppliers and contractors and contentious matters that often arise during the acquisition or disposal of a site.
Glovers’ dispute resolution team has a particular focus in dealing with all aspects of contentious property matters and are ranked as a leading firm in Property Litigation by the Legal 500, which has praised our "thriving landlord/tenant practice”. We have substantial experience, therefore, in advising on a number of areas which are of particular relevance to retail occupiers, including:
- Business tenancy terminations and renewals including Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 lease renewals, both opposed and unopposed;
- Rent and service charge disputes;
- Dilapidations and disrepair disputes and other breach of covenant disputes;
- Noise and nuisance disputes;
- The exercise of break clauses;
- Disputes concerning licences to assign, sub-let and alter;
- Rent review disputes;
- Disputes between tenants in the same building, with the occupiers/owners of neighbouring buildings or with landlords or sub-tenants;
- Forfeiture and insolvency related matters in respect of sub-tenants;
- Claims relating to Authorised Guarantee Agreements and against former tenants under s.17 of the Landlord and Tenant (Covenants) Act 1995.