We act for a diverse range of commercial clients. Our clients include property investors (both on and offshore), developers, landlords and tenants (both commercial and residential), banks and other financial institutions, LPA Receivers and other insolvency practitioners, restaurants, retailers and other licensed establishments, estate agents, franchisors and high net worth individuals. Many of our corporate clients are household names.We deal with all aspects of contentious property matters including:
- Business tenancy terminations and renewals
- Possession claims, including mortgage, AST and trespasser proceedings, forfeiture and relief applications
- Landlord and tenant disputes including dilapidations claims
- Property management services including rent and service charge arrears recovery
- Litigation related to property development including disputes over rights to light, profit share agreements, easements, option agreements, restrictive covenants and boundaries
- Disputes over licences to assign, to alter and to sublet and in relation to Authorised Guarantee Agreements
- Rent reviews
- Proceedings relating to conveyancing transactions, including actions for specific performance and misrepresentation
- Enfranchisement and leasehold extensions
We are ranked as a leading firm in Property Litigation by the Legal 500, which has praised our "thriving landlord/tenant practice".
Property litigation disputes often involve an element of banking, fraud or negligence, being areas in which Glovers’ dispute resolution department also practises, and we are able to utilise that expertise for the maximum benefit of clients.
We are also able to draw upon the exceptional property expertise of Glovers’ non-contentious departments to assist our clients with any potential problems before they arise and to offer comprehensive solutions if they do.Contacts: