Philip is a partner in the commercial property department and deals with all aspects of commercial real estate.
Philip has a particular specialism acting for restaurant companies in relation to all of their property needs, having developed this part of his practice over nearly twenty years.
His restaurant clients range from some of the biggest restaurant companies in the UK to award winning independents.
Philip is chairman of a restaurant company listed on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) and this, together with his experience of working closely with restaurant owners and operators over the years, means that he is able to provide invaluable insight and assistance to his restaurant clients.
Examples of Philip’s experience include:
- Acting on up to 40 restaurant lettings annually across the country and in most of the major regional shopping and leisure
schemes/Central London estates.
- Acting on the disposal of a portfolio of 21 properties by way of sale and leaseback with capped and collared RPI rent reviews.
- Acting for a restaurant company on its business purchase of an estate of 11 restaurants.
- Setting up the letting arrangements, drafting the pro-forma leasehold documentation and dealing with the
initial lettings of the hospitality and catering units at ExCeL London.
- Acting on the letting of prominent West End office premises to a leading US newspaper publisher.
- Acting for both purchasers and vendors on numerous auction acquisitions and disposals.
- Advising a number of private family companies in relation to their property interests.
- Acting for a celebrity chef on the letting of landmark Central London restaurant premises.
- Acting for a property owner on a successful application to oppose the nomination of its pub premises as an Asset of Community Value.