Philip is a partner in the commercial property department and deals with all aspects of commercial real estate and property finance.
He has particular experience advising clients in respect of landlord and tenant matters and acquisitions, disposals, lettings and management of investment property.
Philip regularly acts for “owner occupiers” and has acted for clients drawn from the retail, fashion, technology, restaurant and serviced office sectors.
As a fluent German, French and Luxembourgish speaker, Philip also represents clients from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France and the Benelux States in relation to their commercial property requirements in England and Wales.
Philip also acts for banks and specialist lenders in respect of all aspects of secured development and investment finance.
Examples of Philip’s experience include:
- Acting for the UK subsidiaries of various Austrian and German manufacturing companies in connection with their UK head office, warehouse and factory relocations.
- Acting for an offshore family trust in connection with the acquisition and disposal of a portfolio of top end residential investment properties in Belgravia, London.
- Advising on the acquisition of a number of new high end retail shop units for various overseas retail brands.
- Advising the UK subsidiaries of German, Austrian and US-headquartered office furniture manufacturers in connection with their showroom requirements in Shoreditch/Clerkenwell.
- Acting for a bank in respect of a multi-million pound investment loan secured over two multi-let office buildings.
- Advising a bank in connection with a £10,000,000 investment facility secured over a luxury residential conversion in Central London.
- Acting for several banks in connection with the provision of secured finance for the development of new build houses and apartments.
Philip is a member of the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in GB, the German-British Chamber of Industry and Commerce, the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association as well as the Leisure Property Forum.
Philip is recommended for his retail specialism in the Legal 500 (2017) and is described as providing ‘pragmatic legal analysis’ to his clients.
Philip is listed as a "Rising Star" in the Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers directory for 2013, 2014 and 2015.