Paul joined Glovers in 2009 and is a partner in the commercial property department.
Paul has a breadth of experience acting for both tenants and landlords in commercial property transactions.
He has particular expertise advising restaurant tenants from ‘start up’ or ‘pop up’
businesses through to multisite operators. He regularly acts for restaurant clients in relation to
leasehold disposals and has many years of experience working closely with national brands to
ensure that disposals are concluded quickly and efficiently.
Heading up the firm’s licensing team, Paul also deals with obtaining alcohol licences in Central
London and regionally for a variety of clients.
Paul also works for developers and landlords in assembling development sites and dealing with
post-development plot sales.
His expertise in licensing allows him to add value in advising restaurant clients during contractual
negotiations and in the day-to-day
management of an estate.
Examples of Paul’s experience include:
- Acting for several multisite restaurant operators in relation to all of their licensing requirements from the initial grant through to day-to-day management.
Advising restaurant entrepreneurs in relation to ‘pop up’ lettings.
- Acting for a London based restaurant brand in relation to the disposal of their restaurant portfolio to various buyers.
- Dealing with the acquisition of a development site and its subsequent disposal to end users.
- Acting for tenants and landlords in negotiating and completing lease re-gears, lease renewals (both under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and by agreement) and reversionary leases.
- Advising on the acquisition of flagship Central London office premises and the subsequent short-term underletting of the expansion space.
- Acting for a commercial landlord in connection with the letting of several units to restaurant and retail tenants in Shoreditch.