Liza is a partner in the property finance department, having trained at Glovers and qualified in 2002, and advises a range of banks and other lending institutions.
Liza’s expertise includes:
- All aspects of development finance. Liza advises a number of leading merchant banks on the funding of commercial, mixed use and residential developments.
- Acting for private banks in connection with loans to high net worth individuals secured against high value residential property.
- Advising lenders who specialise in the short-term lending market, often in time-critical transactions.
- Advising second lenders on security issues and priority agreements.
- Advising mortgagees in possession and LPA receivers in connection with the sale of repossessed property.
The transactions on which Liza has advised include:
- Acting for a mezzanine fund from inception, including the preparation of their loan documentation, and acting on subsequent
lending transactions for the fund, which often involve the taking of funder warranties and an assignment of any building contract.
- Acting on a multi-million pound bridging loan to an offshore company, which completed within 48 hours of receipt of papers.
- Advising on a loan to a development company to fund the acquisition of an airspace lease above premises in East London and to develop the same into flats, which included, as part of the security package, an assignment over the agreement for lease and development agreement.
- Acting on a multi-million pound loan to fund the purchase and development of a multi-storey office building in Chelmsford, in which the developer was relying upon the extension to permitted development rights to convert the offices to flats. The building was subject to several occupational tenancies and wayleave agreements relating to a number of telecommunications masts on the roof.
- Preparing loan documentation for a new bridging lender and subsequently, a new suite of documents for their term loan product.