Andrew is a partner in the commercial property department.
Andrew has been acting for both commercial and residential property developers, including a leading UK construction company, major restaurant operators and a variety of investors for more than 25 years.
Andrew’s development work involves the acquisition of development sites, subsequently dealing with infrastructure and planning agreements and supervising his team in respect of preparing plot/unit sale documentation or commercial lettings.
He has in-depth experience in landlord and tenant law, acting on some 30 restaurant acquisitions a year. With a significant number of the restaurants being located in major retail/shopping centres throughout the country, he is familiar with many major retail/shopping centre leases and titles.
Andrew is recommended for commercial property in the Legal 500 (2017) and is described as ‘diligent and thorough’.
Examples of Andrew’s experience include:
- Acting for a major international airline in relation to the redevelopment of their new flagship European head office in Central London.
- Advising on the acquisition and development of a 130 unit residential development site for a private house builder.
- Acting on the acquisition and development of a 120 unit care village development on the south coast of England.
- Advising a major PLC restaurant operator as part of a team in relation to the acquisition of two restaurant property portfolios comprising some 19 restaurants in total.
- Acting on the purchase and development of a high class residential scheme involving 18 properties located in central England.
- Advising on the acquisition of a £50 million mixed use commercial building comprising 50 leasehold interests in Holborn, Central London for investors, including complex tax arrangements involving a JPUT.
- Receiving repeat instructions in relation to ongoing leasehold management matters and the ultimate disposal of a £23 million warehouse investment estate near Heathrow.
- Acting for an international accountancy firm on two major office lettings in Central London and Surrey for total rents exceeding £1 million per annum.
- Advising several self-storage operators/investors in respect of the acquisition and development of self-storage sites.
- Acting for an established Italian chocolatier in respect of its first business venture in Soho, Central London.
- Acting for a London NHS hospital in relation to a site disposal involving a LIFT scheme (a hybrid PFI) for the relevant local health area, valued between £100-200 million.