As part of Glovers’ "one stop shop" service for restaurant owners and operators, large and small, our experienced dispute resolution team is on hand to provide expert guidance and practical assistance in connection with all manner of contentious issues that affect our restaurant clients.
Our litigation solicitors have years of experience dealing with a wide range of disputes that frequently arise in the restaurant industry, including commercial disputes with suppliers and contractors; regulatory disputes with local authorities and statutory undertakers; and contentious matters that often arise during the acquisition or disposal of a site.
Glovers’ dispute resolution team are ranked as a leading firm in property litigation by the Legal 500, which has praised our "thriving landlord/tenant practice”, and we have substantial experience in all aspects of contentious property matters of relevance to restaurant operators including:
- Business tenancy terminations and renewals including Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 lease renewals, both opposed and unopposed;
- Rent and service charge disputes;
- Dilapidations and disrepair disputes and other breach of covenant disputes;
- Noise and nuisance disputes;
- The exercise of break clauses;
- Disputes concerning licences to assign, sub-let and alter;
- Rent review disputes;
- Disputes between tenants in the same building, with the occupiers/owners of neighbouring buildings or with landlords or sub-tenants;
- Forfeiture and insolvency related matters in respect of sub-tenants;
- Claims relating to Authorised Guarantee Agreements and against former tenants under s.17 of the Landlord and Tenant (Covenants) Act 1995.