John is an associate in the property finance department and deals with property finance and commercial property.
He has particular experience advising banks and specialist lenders in respect of development finance. John also acts for lenders and their receivers in respect of debt restructuring and the disposal of distressed property.
Examples of Johns’s experience include:
- Acting for a specialist lender on all aspects of a development finance loan of £5.3 million in respect of the development of new build houses and apartments.
- Acting for a merchant bank in respect of a development loan of £6 million for the development of a 79 unit student block in Cardiff.
- Acting for a specialist lender and joint receivers in the long term holding and exit of a mixed use development in London.
- Acting for a bridging lender in respect of a time critical £10.5 million refinance secured across four properties, including the acquisition of both investment and development sites.
- Acting for a specialist lender in the assignment of security and c. £4 million of debt restructuring in relation to a distressed portfolio of care homes in the North of England.
- Acting for a major UK pension fund in the investment management, including acquisitions and disposals, of prime office, retail and warehouse properties at business parks and industrial
estates in London and the South East.
- Acting for a UK clearing bank in relation to the disposal (either by private treaty or auction) of a large portfolio of distressed properties via fixed charge receivers. Examples include the disposal:
- by private treaty, of a mixed use development consisting of office and residential property in Nottinghamshire with a combined value of £4.08 million.
- by private treaty, of a portfolio of apartments, let on multiple assured shorthold tenancies, for a consideration of £4.6 million;
- by auction, of a portfolio of 25 dwellings.
- Acting for a UK clearing bank in relation to the verification and deduction of title to approximately 400 branches prior to their disposal.