Catherine is a consultant in the property finance department.
As a former partner and head of department, Catherine has over 30 years’ experience in
acting for a range of domestic and offshore lenders, including banks and other financial
institutions, in connection with secured commercial and residential property lending transactions.
Catherine has particular expertise in advising banks and specialist lenders in respect of
portfolio refinancing and high net worth residential mortgages.
Much of Catherine’s work is time critical and involves drafting and negotiating bespoke facility documentation.
She also advises mortgagees in possession and LPA receivers in connection with the disposal
of distressed properties, many of which were repossessed at development stage and involved
Catherine giving tailored advice on the many complex legal issues arising.
Examples of Catherine’s experience include:
- Acting for a bank on the multi-million pound refinancing of an investment loan secured
over a portfolio of 15 properties, including reporting on the title to the individual
properties and advising on all aspects of the security documentation.
- Advising on and preparing loan documentation and suites of security documents for a
number of UK banks.
- Acting for a bank in connection with the time critical refinancing of a £32,000,000 loan
secured over a portfolio of commercial properties.
- Acting for LPA receivers in connection with the disposal of a block of luxury flats.
- Acting for high net worth individuals and families in connection with high end residential
acquisitions and disposals.
- Advising various banks in connection with the legal aspects of secured loans to offshore
structures, including liaising with offshore lawyers in relation to the enforceability of the
security documentation in the borrower’s local jurisdiction.