Andy is a partner and has been the head of the firm’s property finance department since 2003.
Andy has over 30 years’ experience in property and over 20 years acting for banks and
specialist lenders in all types of commercial and residential development and investment
Andy’s extensive knowledge of the secured lending sector means he is able to assist lenders
throughout the whole lifecycle of a facility, including advising on remedies available in the
case of borrower default.
His department is described in the Legal 500 (2017) as ‘very knowledgeable, speedy and partner-led’.
Examples of Andy’s experience include:
- Advising a bank on all aspects of a £17,700,000 development loan for the purchase
and redevelopment of a site in South London to create 75 residential units, including
the approval of the development agreement with a Housing Association.
- Acting for a bank in connection with a £30,000,000 investment facility secured over a
trading shopping centre, including drafting the facility agreement and subsequently
advising on all on going matters arising out of the bank’s security.
- Acting for a bank on a £6,000,000 development loan for the redevelopment of a
former stately home providing 19 residential units.
- Acting for a bank in connection with a £13,000,000 loan to develop a property to
provide 9 flats and 14,000 square feet of commercial floor space in London, SE1.
- Acting for a bank in connection with a series of loans totalling in excess of
£40,000,000 for the redevelopment of a disused vinegar works at Tower Bridge.