Glovers have extensive experience in advising independent schools across the UK on various
aspects of law, including employment issues, contractual issues, and issues with parents of
We offer practical, cost-effective assistance in a number of contentious and non-contentious areas, including:
- Drafting Schools’ contracts of employment and handbooks
- Drafting and reviewing employment application forms and recruitment, selection and disclosure policies
- Drafting and reviewing Schools’ policies such as the Parent Contract, Admissions
Policy, Exclusions Policy and Complaints Procedure.
- Advising on the implementation and enforcement of policies and processes, for example, if a parent contests a pupil’s exclusion.
- Advising on vetting checks on potential school staff and the complex regulations issued by ISI.
- Advising on grievance and disciplinary processes, applications for flexible working, sickness absence and other issues that emerge when conflicts arise between staff members or employees are not performing to an acceptable standard.
- Advising on how to approach and deal with any other disputes that may arise, including disputes with parents.
We pride ourselves on providing a prompt, personal service to clients and recognise the need to act with sensitivity and discretion where appropriate,
particularly when dealing with parents and pupils.